Thursday, May 15, 2008

"Oh Mother, I give you my love with each flower..."

Mothers Day 2008

For Mother's Day the primary kids at church sang "I often go Walking." All three boys bunched together in the front row. On the second verse Joseph, (who was kind of unsure of the words up to that point), looked right at me and confidently sang the words, "Oh mother I give you my love with each flower..." I started to cry as I thought of all the times he has brought me fistfuls of dandelions, buttercups, and any other flowers he could find. He and Ben will often make special trips to the front door just to bring me flowers and because of them I have a miniature vase on my kitchen windowsill that is always full. I love my sweet little sons and their offerings of love.


Mother's day was wonderful. Aaron made me breakfast in bed with my favorite food-crepes with a strawberry & yogurt filling. I hung out in bed until 8am reading the R.S. lesson for that day (the first time I've done that this year). Then Jacob and Joseph came downstairs each holding one end of a card that they had carefully made. Each side had a message from them that Jacob had written. It was so sweet. Aaron did all the ironing of white shirts and slacks for all the boys and got them fed, dressed, and hair combed. I was able to take my time getting myself ready and as always enjoyed dressing my little girl and doing her hair (which is a real a joy for me).

Later that evening Aaron made my favorite dinner of BBQ salmon. I didn't have to do any dishes or picking up and I loved being able to hang out with the kids without that nagging feeling of knowing the dishes were waiting for me in the sink or I needed to get started making dinner. You know how it is.


After dinner Aaron took some pictures of me with the kids which has become my special Mother's Day request each year. I am the photographer in the family so as you can imagine I am never in any pictures with my kids. I love that he took a bunch of pictures so that I can always remember this day. As you can see in the pictures above JoJo and Ben were busy again picking me flowers while we were outside taking pictures. They are so sweet. Here are some of the pictures from the evening.......Good job Daddy!


My little girl


My Three Sons


3 comments:

Tiffany Jones said...

I loVe all your pictures! so CUTE!

Sherri said...

really beautiful pictures and that was the day after the marathon. Ok so I need to run along banner more....I was still crawling around on that day :)

Mandee said...

What a great tradition!