Thursday, August 21, 2008

"Sorry Mom"........and other Lauren stuff

Lauren will be 2 at the end of next month. She's a spunky little girl with a blossoming personality. Here are a few cute things she's been doing and saying lately that I don't ever want to forget.

The latest thing Lauren has started doing is apologizing for things. Usually she apologizes anytime she thinks she's made a mistake or done something wrong. This could be as simple as loosing her footing when she climbs up into her chair and then falls down. She'll say in this soft and serious voice, "sorry mom." Or if she makes a mess, shuts a cupboard door too hard or splashes water on the bathroom mirror when brushing her hair. It is so funny it makes me smile every time.

Another thing she started doing about six months ago was giving me little random hugs. The first time she did this I was in the kitchen doing dishes and she came up behind me and just "hugged" my legs with this tight little squeeze. Since then she does this on a pretty regular basis. I also love it when I'm sitting on the floor or ground and she'll come up from behind me and put both arms around my neck and give me a little hug. I can just feel her little love.


Here's a picture Aaron took a couple months ago when I was out in the yard cutting up strawberries......she just came up from behind me and gave me her sweet little Lauren hug. This is something that the boys never did and I love it so much!

Other things that I've noticed about Lauren lately is that she is developing a very assertive personality. Her brothers absolutely adore her and treat her very well but she is growing to be quite a little spit fire when she doesn't like something they're doing and boy does she let them know it! Usually these eruptions in assertion happen when they are smothering her with their brotherly affection (giving hugs, snuggling, kissing her, etc.-they seriously love her) but sometimes she just wants to be left alone and boy will she let them know it! Her scream is the most high pitched squeal we have ever experienced, far exceeding any decibels that the boys ever reached -even in their worst tantrums. The offender will immediately surrender by letting go to cover their ears and get the heck out of there.

Love you Lauren.



4 comments:

Tiffany Jones said...

She sounds exactly like Nikki. Isn't that funny? Nikki apologizes for everything, gives random hugs(we call them drive by huggings), and has quite the personality. They are destined to be great friends!

Sherri said...

So cute and adorable. I love the picture with her hugging you...your smile says it all!

Tiffany Jones said...

She is a beautiful little Laws. I love her blue eyes!

Mandee said...

Jackson does the same exact thing (coming up behind me and giving my neck a good squeeze). Like you...I LOVE IT!