Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Surprise!!

I just wanted to record something cute that the kids have been doing lately.....

When I have to go somewhere during the day I'll usually tell the kids to get their shoes on and head out to the car about 5 minutes before I know we need to leave. Lauren can now put her shoes on and lately she has been following her brothers out the door too. She can even climb up into the suburban all by herself and will put herself in her car seat. So by the time I finish up in the house, grab my stuff and head out the door they've already been out in the car for a few minutes, (depending on how obedient they are that day). Sometimes I'll find JoJo making "clay balls" in the dirt or Lauren playing with the kitty on the porch.

Lately the kids have been being so good and the past few times I've gone out to the car and opened the side door (to buckle in Lauren) they will all yell at the same time with happy little faces, "Surprise!!!."

Their surprise is that they are all in their seats, and everyone is buckled......even Lauren. It makes me so happy when they do this and I feel so proud of them when they know we're running late and they do their best to help mommy get out the door faster and get to where we're going without having to buckle up car seat belts and run down little ones who should already be in the car.

Thank you boys, you are so sweet and wonderful.


4 comments:

Mandee said...

Great moms make great kids!

Mandee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

How wonderful is that?!?!?! Can they come teach my kids?

Randi said...

You've given me hope. Maybe things will change as my kids get a little older :) We might even be on time to something one of these days.