Sunday, February 1, 2009

25 Random Things About Me


Okay, I've been tagged a bunch of times on Facebook to do this thing. So I finally gave in and thought I'd post my responses here too. Hopefully one day my children will find this list somewhat amusing.


25 Random Things About Me

1-My kids actually do have a mother who wore combat boots. (I served in the Air Force as an Intelligence analyst for 5 years prior to becoming my kids mom).

2-I used to be quite a prankster in middle school and even slipped Ex-Lax into my teachers coffee when I was in 7th grade.

3-When I first met my husband I told him to “give up” because he wasn’t good enough for me and I’d never date him. (Boy was I wrong).

4-I bought and rode a moped (1960 Honda 90cc) in high school because my parents wouldn’t buy me a car and wouldn’t pay for a bus pass to get to school.

5-I met my husband in Hawaii when my moped broke down. He was the cute guy on the motorcycle who stopped to help me fix it.

6-I get more excited than my kids do to go to the library and check out more picture books.

7-I want to write and illustrate my own children’s books.

8-I worked at Jack in the Box for almost 2 years when I was in High School and actually enjoyed it.

9-I once stuffed 3 huckleberries up my nose to impress a boy (I was 4) and my Dad had to use tweezers to get them out.

10-I ripped my lip off when I was 9 years old when I thought I could ride my bike with my eyes closed. I drove right into a barbed wire fence along our country road.

11-I married a guy who sold his motorcycle and took out a loan to buy me a ring at Tiffany’s.

12-When I was in 6th grade I was the only girl that the boys would let play football with them at recess, and I can still throw a pretty impressive spiral.

13-I didn’t get my first kiss until I was 17 years old.

14-I had a Level 3 Top Secret Clearance. Once I was involved in an incident at work that resulted in our flight chief having to use the "red phone" to contact the President of the U.S.)

15-I run marathons and did my first one without stopping once.

16- I can count on one hand the number of fast food hamburgers I’ve eaten in my life. Today, I will only eat my husband’s BBQ hamburgers, they are delicious.

17-When I was 16 my family took a trip to Temple Square in Salt Lake City. I promised myself then that I would come back there to be married one day. 5 years later we flew from Hawaii (where I was living at the time) to Utah to keep that promise.

18-I had my 4 children in 5 years.

19-When I was a little girl I thought that I wanted to have 6 kids (3 boys and 3 girls- like the Brady Bunch). My,.... how I’ve changed.

20-I’ve never drunk a cup of coffee in my life or tasted Pepsi or Coke. I've never drunk alcohol, smoked a cigarette, or used any kind of drug.

21-I was a cover model 2 times for a Hawaiian tourist magazine.

22-I gave birth to all of my children naturally. My third was a homebirth. My longest labor was 32 hours, my shortest was 1 hour and 45 minutes and all of my babies were over 9 pounds, one of them was almost 10!

23-I love vegetables and married a “meat and potatoes” man.

24-When I was 5 I had a habit of chewing and swallowing dental floss. That habit ended when one day I found a piece of string hanging out of my rear and my Dad had to try (unsuccessfully) to pull it out. It eventually "passed" on it's own.

25- When I was in labor with my first son, I bit my husband and threw up all over him. All of this after telling him prior to having natural childbirth that I felt sorry for husbands whose wives yelled at them when they were in labor.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

So hilarious!! You're great!

Shannon Morgan Photography - Bainbridge Island, WA Photographer said...

that is awesome!! i loved that!!! so much to know about such an amazing woman!!!

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing woman, and I love that you are willing to share embarrassing facts :-)

The Harts said...

That was FUN to read. I always thought your moped was the coolest... and my favorite YW activity was the day we all went to some school parking lot (I think?) and you either gave each of us a ride or let us try it by ourselves!!! Yes, you are amazing.

MariePhotographie said...

Wow! I hope you don't mind me popping in once in awhile, since I don't really know you. You ARE amazing. I think that was the most interesting "25 Things" I've read.