Thursday, May 14, 2009

Our Trip to Disneyland

I took a ton of pictures from our week in Disneyland/San Diego. Way too many to post. Most of you have probably seen some of these pictures on Aaron's facebook page but for those of you haven't here are a few for your viewing pleasure.

It may seem silly but one of the highlights of the trip was taking the kids on their first ride on an airplane. Landings and take-offs were so much fun! I loved watching their faces when the engine was revving and we were zooming down the runway. It still puts a smile on my face thinking about it.


Day 1 at Disneyland, the kids fresh off the plane and ready to hit the park.




At the end of day 1 the kids were all crashed out.




Watching the steamboat and taking a churros break.





Waiting in line for the Finding Nemo Submarine Adventure. (One of my favorite rides)




Taking a break on day 2 we hit Huntington Beach half way through the day. Needless to say the boys LOVED it!




Jacob and JoJo helping Ben (who was a little scared) jump the waves.




What family vacation would be compete without the unexpected fun of changing a flat tire on the rental car.



We got lucky when we found Mickey Mouse in a back alley.....




The Jedi Training Academy was a HIT for my boys. They were instructed in the ways of the force by real Jedi Knights. Then they got to try out their skills on the bad guys...




Joseph got to fight Darth Vader with his light saber....




Jacob got to fight Darth Maal, (my camera was on the fritz during his fight) I'll try to get Aaron to post the clip from our camcorder.




My sister and her family joined us on our 4th day.




Taking a stroll with Goofy down Main Street.




The kids and their cousins posing with Goofy.




Lauren showing off her blue tongue. (Never underestimate the power of lollipops when your kids are wating in lines).




Aaron with the boys at Disney's California Adventure Park.




Waiting in yet another line with the boys...




Exploring the caves on Tom Sawyers Island.





Day 5..... Last time down Main Street just before leaving the park.




Eating Dinner at Goofy's Kitchen on our last night.





The kids with some of their cousins just before leaving my sisters house. I sure wished they lived closer. ):





Saying our goodbyes to my sister and her family just before leaving for San Diego. She was such a great hostess!!!





THE Jack in the Box where I worked as the Drive-thru Queen for almost 2 years in high school. Believe it or not I LOVED working there and have nothing but happy memories from those days.



Just for fun we stopped my my old high school where I graduated. While there they were taping the clip from American Idol for Adam Lambert (a fellow MCHS alumni).




The kids at Del Mar beach. It was so weird going back to this beach after all these years. The last time I was here I was 18 years old. Coming back with my husband and seeing my children play on the same sands was a little nostalgic.




My little Surfer Ben at La Jolla Shores.




At La Jolla Shores on our last day, just before leaving to catch our flight.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos, Andria! I LOVE the one of the four kids running into the water.

Shannon Morgan Photography - Bainbridge Island, WA Photographer said...

what a FUN!! trip, i can't wait to til brooks is a little older so we can go!! loved the photos :)!!

Courtney said...

Those are great! My faves are where the kids are all crashed out asleep in the van and Lauren's lollipop tongue. Perfect childhood moments! :)

Ari Anna Johnson said...

Sure looks like you guys had so much fun! I loved all the new pics and you are such a beautiful family!