Friday, October 22, 2010

Nothing hurts me more

Why does it hurt so bad when someone hurts your child?

A few days ago on the way home from school Joseph was in tears as he told me about 2 older boys that were being mean to him at school. One of them was a boy that he thought was really cool so it was especially painful for him (and for me). As he shared with me the details of what they had said I did my best to comfort him but nothing could take away his pain.
Nothing hurts me more than to see my children suffer. I can't get the sound of his voice cracking with pain as he recounted the details of what they had said. I wish there was something I could do-but there isn't, and that hurts.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

That is a hard thing to deal with. I'm glad that he would talk to you about it though. I recently had a talk with Sarah about something that was frustrating to her and realized how grateful I was that she trusted me enough to talk to me about. Thankfully, I realized it while we were talking and thanked her for trusting me.