Friday, November 30, 2007

My Uncle Keith (The Firefighter)


We took the boys to see Uncle Keith at the Kent Fire Station last Friday. They knew he was a firefighter but getting the full tour of the station and getting to ride in his firetruck and shoot a real fire hose was pretty special for them. He spent over an hour giving them a full tour of everything and made it so interesting that he never lost their attention once!

Throughout the whole tour I kept thinking to myself how much I love this guy. He is such an honest, kind and decent man. I was telling Aaron the next day that my Grandma passing away a few years ago was a blessing for me because it was at her funeral that I became reacquainted with him and his family. Knowing him has enriched my life in so many ways. When the door to my relationship with my parents closed Heavenly Father sent to me this wonderful man with his sweet, loving wife to love my children and do all the fun things with them that families should do. The boys always love going over to his house and when we're there he tells them silly stories, teases them with magic tricks and gives them big bowls of ice-cream when I'm not looking. He is truly wonderful!


Seriously though I really can't express the feeling of gratitude that I have for this man. I respect him and love him so much and will ever be grateful to him for filling a place in my heart that needed family.

No comments: