Monday, December 3, 2007

"Can we really live with God?" -Joseph

After scriptures tonight we sung "When I am baptized." The last line of the song in the first verse says, "I want to live the best I can, and live with God again." After we finished singing and having family prayer, Joseph said (so softly and sweetly that I almost didn't hear him), "Mommy, can we really live with God?" My heart nearly melted. We explained to him that we can live with Him again and that we hope that one day we'll all live with Him again. I explained to him a little about the different kingdoms (with Jacob in the background chiming in that we want to go to the "the sun one.") I told him that we all have to do our part to live good lives so that we can be worthy to return to God's presence. Jacob said that he thought Jospeh would go to the "moon one" because he gets in trouble so much.
It was so touching for me to respond to this sweet little boy's honest, heartfelt question. I love Jospeh so much, of all my children he is the one who is most sensitive to spiritual things. It's moments like these that really warm my heart and make me so grateful to be a mother.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love those sweet little moments that catch you by surprise and make you so grateful to be a mommy.