Thursday, March 27, 2008

T-Ball Teamates


Jacob and Joseph had their first T-ball practice last night. I was worried that it would be canceled because it was sprinkling and the weather has been so cold (we actually had snow flurries last night). Luckily though they held it anyway. We took the boys to a Sonics game last Wednesday night so they actually missed their first official practice and they had literally been counting down the days until next Wednesday.
Yesterday the boys (all on their own) got all their gear on and went out to the front yard to play baseball. I was folding laundry in my room and I had a great view of them in the yard from my bedroom window. They were playing so nicely each taking their turn hitting it off the Tee while the other two would field the ball. I was amazed that I didn't have to break up a fight or holler at them from the window to "be nice" or "take turns." It only lasted for about an hour but it was nonetheless a wonderful moment.



At practice the coach told them to partner up. Jacob and Joseph immediately claimed each other as partners. It didn't surprise me but it did make me feel good. I hope that they'll always want to stick together. The team is for ages 5-7 so Joseph is probably the youngest one out there but he held his own and during his turn hit every ball off the tee with some impressive distance. I was so happy for him. He tries so hard to measure up to Jacob (who is usually better at things because he's older) it breaks my heart sometimes to see his frustration when he tries so hard at something and can't perform at his older brother's level. I really want him to gain confidence in himself and stop comparing himself to Jacob. Jacob did great at practice too. When it was his turn he hit the ball way over everyone's head every time. The coaches were very impressed and even came up to me after practice to comment on his swing. I was proud of him too.

1 comment:

Amanda Powers said...

The boys loved reading this one!!!!!!!