Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Jacob's Surgery


Jacob went in yesterday for oral surgery to have an extra tooth removed. For the past few years his dental x-rays have shown 2 permanent teeth sharing the same spot under his top front tooth. They wanted to pull one of them so that the other one would have time to grow into its proper place before he lost his baby teeth. Things went really well and he did so good. We decided to go the less expensive route and give him a Valium an hour before the surgery then just have local anesthesia for the procedure. Of all of our children he's probably the only one that we would be able to do this with. Joseph and Ben would have freaked out if they weren't knocked out. Jacob is so down to earth and completely understood what was going on. His only concern was about the blood getting on his shirt and I told him they'd have the suction hose to suck it up.

I took this picture of him tonight because I thought he looked so sweet. He fell asleep on the couch while I was making dinner and kept on sleeping until bedtime. He'll be on pain medication around the clock for the next couple of days. I didn't realize how drowsy it made him until tonight. He has NEVER missed dinner. I have a feeling he's going to wake up really hungry sometime in the middle of the night.

2 comments:

Mandee said...

It is so sad to see them hurt. Last month Jackson had surgery on his little boy parts and it was just sad to see him uncomfortable. I hope he feels better soon.

Amanda Powers said...

I heard that Jacob was in the hospital. I'm worried and want to see how he is doing. I love you guys.