Sunday, May 4, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday Jospeh!

Joseph's birthday was on Tuesday the 22nd of April. I was so tired the night before that I didn't put up his decorations and wrap his presents. I usually try to get everything out and decorated so that when they wake up and come downstairs it's like Christmas morning.....Well, I totally bombed it. I was going to wake up early and do it but I was really tired and justified that I had all day to do it since his party would be that evening when Aaron got home. Big mistake.....Joseph was so sad and disappointed it nearly broke my heart. At first I tried to explain to him that I was going to do the decorations later in the day but his little face looked so crushed. So I sent them back upstairs and told them they had to watch some cartoons in my room while I did some "birthday magic." Round two was much better and I learned that when you make special traditions with your children you better not be too tired to keep them up every year. I felt so bad for the poor little guy and bad about myself for not thinking that one through more.

Aaron wanted to decorate his dinosaur cake that night. It was so cute. Joseph chose to have homemade mini pizzas for his special birthday dinner and we spent the evening with the kids opening presents, playing with the new toys and eating cake and ice cream. Jacob made a really sweet card for Joseph that really touched me. It had race cars on the front with the number 5 on them. What he wrote inside was really sweet.

Happy Birthday my little JoJo, I love you so much! You are a joy in my life and I've loved watching you grow into such a sweet little boy.


No comments: