Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Here we go again.......


Nothing like a crash on your bike to change your plans for the day...It's funny how I was just saying in my last post that your day hardly ever goes as planned.
So here's the most recent injury in this household of boys:


Apparently, Jacob and Joseph were racing their bikes down the driveway. Joseph was in the lead until he crashed his bike and nosedived into a stump. He had a mild concussion, got a couple of stitches and busted a tooth out of it's socket. They gave him the star treatment though with the neck brace and all (just as a precaution ). He also got to ride in an ambulance from the urgent care clinic in Port Orchard to Harrison hospital in Bremerton. I have to take him in tomorrow for a follow up tooth removal with his pediatric dentist. Aside from some scrapes and bruises he's doing fine......nothing that a strawberry milkshake from McDonalds couldn't fix. He's such a tough little guy, a real trooper.







10 comments:

Tiffany Jones said...

Looks painful! I'm glad he's okay!

Karen said...

While I have noticed that I have toughened as a mother (when my kids fall I don't jump up anymore), I still feel sick to my stomach if it is ever bad enough I have to take them to the doctors. Poor Joseph, what a tough little guy.

Shel said...

Ack! Poor Jojo! My sister did that twice - two years in a row - same weekend when we were kids. Road rash on the face is not fun!

Glad the milkshake made things a little better.

Hope all goes well at the dentist.

shelleena

Tiffany said...

Poor guy. I am glad he is such a tough kid and that he is okay. I am not looking forward to those days when my 3 boys start all that.

Mandee said...

I would have been FREAKING out! I am glad he is okay!

Sherri said...

Holy cow!!!!!!

He is a trooper and so is he Mom.
Nice you brought your camera for the blog detials :)

These Small Hours said...

Yeah, Aaron took those with his iphone. I wasn't actually there when they took him to the hospital in the ambulance because someone had to stay with our car to come pick them up later. Good to know though that I had my reporter husband documenting all the details while in the field! (:

Unknown said...

Oh that poor little guy! Such a sweet torn up little face! That makes me so sad for him. I love those boys!

Amanda Powers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda Powers said...

Wow! Dude, that looks like it hurts bad. JpJo your so tough. I miss you guys. Love you! See you at the wedding.