Monday, September 15, 2008

Girls Weekend!!!

I sent out an e-mail this morning to everyone in my address book...but for those of you who I don't have current e-mails for I'm posting the information here as well. Please pass this information on to everyone. If you are reading this blog and now live or ever did live in Port Orchard please consider yourself invited. (: I don't want to leave anyone out- it's going to be a blast!


Hello Ladies,

We are tentatively planning a Girls running/ scrap booking / general conference weekend in Leavenworth for the weekend of October 3-5th. We would leave on Friday afternoon and return Sunday evening. Leavenworth is having its Oktoberfest activities and they’ll be holding their annual half marathon and marathon on Saturday. Some of us are already signed up to participate in that but for those of you who aren’t you can just go shopping in Leavenworth while the rest of us are running. (:


This weekend will be full of great food (we’ll come up with food assignments when we have a list of whose coming), great conversation and as always a much needed break from the day-to-day. The cost will be $25 per person plus the cost of gas. We had one of these a few years ago and it was SO wonderful! I got to watch all 4 sessions of conference and enjoy some time away from the house and kids. This is also one of those opportunities for your husband to have some fun “Dad time” with the kids (and appreciate a little more what we go through every day). It will be good for him and your marriage, Trust me!!!


Please Reply with a “Yes” or a “Maybe” if you would like to come so that we can start making tentative lists.


Thanks,

Andria Laws

P.S. I am not in the Sinclair View ward anymore so if I am leaving out anyone who you think would like to come please forward to them. Those of you out-of-towners and out of staters are welcome to make the trek too. The house has room for 15 guests but can sleep more if someone wants to sleep in a sleeping bag on the floor. Whoever replies with a “Yes” first gets their name on the list. Don’t let it fill up without you!


3 comments:

Ben and Jen Bailey said...

That sounds like so much fun. I wish that I could make it. Have a good time. Love Jen Bailey

Jessica said...

Just saying again how jealous I am. Have a great time!

These Small Hours said...

I wish you both could be there!!! I miss you guys. ):