Thursday, December 18, 2008

"Oh, what fun it is to ride..."

I don't know about you but we're all snowed in with no place to go. Our driveway is a sheet of ice under 6 inches of snow! After getting our cars out of the ditch, there was nothing else to do but go outside and play. Here is a clip of Aaron and Jacob sledding down the hill. Those of you who have been out here know how far it is from the top of the hill (you can see the swing set) down to the pond at the bottom. I was too chicken to do it (I bailed out before I hit the jump) but Aaron and Jacob went all the way down...




Hope you're all staying safe and enjoying the snow too. Here are some more pictures from today......

Notice anything different about Aaron's smile?
After nearly 2 years his braces came off yesterday!





Jacob taking a break from sledding.....




Benjamin riding down the hill.




Joseph headed back up the hill for another ride.




The boys down at the pond, after a day of sledding



The pond frozen over, not strong enough to ice skate on, yet......



Jacob taking Lauren for a ride down the hill, she loved it!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

That sled ride was awesome! I loved all the pictures you took! I'm glad that you were able to have so much fun today.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous photos. So glad Lauren got to ride. By the time I got my youngest all bundled up, her sisters had gone to the neighbors to sled, so she didn't get to go sledding at all today.

Jenniferb said...

I long to have a yard with that kind of Sledding hill! That is amazing!

Tiffany Jones said...

Your children are so brave!

Sherri said...

Love the pictures and the video. Congrads to Aaron on his nice smile :)
Glad you are having fun in the snow :)