Friday, February 20, 2009

Sam Sammy the slug

(busy at work building Sam Sammy's house)

N
ow that the weather has been warming up a bit I've been sending the kids outside to play for a couple hours each morning (weather permitting). A couple days ago the boys were outside playing for a lengthy period of time without episode. I thought it unusual but was enjoying the opportunity to get some things done inside. I kept checking on them every so often and could see that they were busily doing something down at the sand pit. After a while Joseph came running up to the house asking me if I had any seeds. I did have some left over from our garden last year so I went down to the basement and gave him 2 pea seeds. I asked him what they were up to out there and he told me that they found a little baby slug and they were making a house for him. They wanted the seeds so that "he would have some food to eat". They made a cute little house for him with a sand fence, a fake tree bordered with little rocks and sticks. For the next couple of days they (Joseph and Ben) would remind each other that they had to go out and water their seeds. But after the 2nd day Sam Sammy the slug escaped. They named him Sam for his first name and Sammy for his middle name. A little confusing but so adorable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is really cute!