Thursday, April 23, 2009

Easter Weekend

Here are some pictures and memories from our Easter weekend.....

Friday Night

Friday night the kids colored eggs. They enjoyed creating their own masterpieces and Lauren especially had fun making a couple eggs of her own. The boys were so cute (especially JoJo) as they showed her how to do it and carefully stood by her as she dipped the eggs into the dye. In our family we have the kids make their eggs on Friday night so that they can do their Easter egg hunt on Saturday morning. In this way we've been able to get all the candy and Easter Bunny stuff out of the way so that on Sunday we can focus on the real meaning of Easter.


Saturday Morning

Saturday the kids hunted for eggs outside on a drizzly morning. Jacob and Joseph were off like race horses while Ben followed closely behind Lauren and sweetly pointed out the hidden eggs for his little sister to gather in her basket (what a sweet boy). JoJo's cries of paranoia were heard a couple times when a jackpot was found and he couldn't scoop them up quick enough before his brothers also discovered them and began moving in on his territory. Jacob had to climb the plum tree to get to a couple cleverly hidden eggs and nearly lost his balance and slipped off one of the branches-look at that determination in his eyes.


Easter Sunday


Easter Sunday Aaron got a break from his usual meetings (before church) and was able to enjoy cinnamon rolls for breakfast with the rest of us and help me get the kids dressed and ready for church-lucky him. The kids all got their batch of new church clothes for the year including new ties which they proudly picked out themselves. I made Laurens Easter dress and promise to get a post out soon telling you all how easy it is so you don't think I'm a seamstress because I'm totally NOT! After church we spent the afternoon and evening together and had a special Easter dinner. We had a little lesson about Easter using the Resurrection eggs and watched the DVD "To this End was I born"-about the life and Atonement of Jesus Christ.


Easter is a special holiday to me and I'm grateful for the chance to pay tribute to my Savior for the sacrifice He has made for each of us. I don't often express my religious views and faith on this blog because they are deeply personal to me. Nevertheless, my love and faith in my Savior, Jesus Christ is something that touches every aspect of my daily life. I am so grateful for the love and patience that He has for me. I know that I would never have come through the trials of my life without His help and guidance. He has always been there for me and has sustained me through difficult times and trials which may have otherwise destroyed my life. I have learned to trust in His love and have faith in His plan for me. I am so grateful to Him for the peace that has come to my life as I have learned to accept His will and live His gospel. I will forever be indebted to Him for His forgiveness of my sins and his patience with me as I struggle to overcome my weaknesses. He has helped me overcome many challenges in my life that I could never have overcome on my own. His love sustains me and is a sure anchor in my life. I know that He lives, I know that He loves each of us and it is my hope that we will all daily heed his loving call to Come unto Him. (Matthew 11:28-30)

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter.

1 comment:

Jenniferb said...

WOW. I really like your easter setting on your table! SO when we do get together next I need directions on that dress! So cute! Are the sleeves the hardest part? You are such a great mom!