Wednesday, January 12, 2011

This is why I love Joseph

I found this on the floor in the office, written with a pink highlighter pen....


And last week when Aaron and I went up to bed we found this note on our pillow by the same sweet boy...


On a very regular basis Joseph says and does things that make me feel like I'm going to go insane with frustration. He can be so obnoxious, irreverent and crazy. I'm so grateful that he's also such a tender-hearted boy. The thoughtful things he says and does make me love him so much. I've been trying harder lately to overlook his quirkiness and stop letting it stress me out so much. It's obvious that my parenting won't "change" him (see the quote on the header of this blog) and I worry that the frequency of him seeing me frustrated with him could damage our relationship. It's been a challenge but I think it's important for me to work on letting these things go. Soooooo,.....here's to savoring his sweetness (like these letters) and enduring the other stuff.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

What a sweet boy! And I love the quote in your header.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an excellent plan.

Jenniferb said...

So sweet Andria! We have one of those in our family too!