Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wrestler Ben

I've always thought Ben would be a great wrestler and this year we got the chance to find out. Ben's soccer league changed the rules for his age group so we decided to try a different sport this season.

The first time I saw Ben wrestle I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. The combination of his stocky build and fiery spirit make him perfect for this sport. He fearlessly tears into his opponent muscling them to the floor with absolutely no technique. When he comes across a more seasoned wrestler (who actually knows how to use proper moves) if he can't muscle them down he'll give them a heck of a fight. (I knew that stubbornness would come in handy).

I can't wait for him to get good and actually learn some technique and wrestling moves. I have so much confidence in his potential, I think it could be the beginning of "his thing."


No comments: