Thursday, December 13, 2007

"Christmas Tree Land" (so named by my children)









Last Saturday we went to Bacon's Christmas tree farm in Belfair to get our tree. It was the first year that we didn't get a big tree and it was kind of sad. I love our new home but I do miss having vaulted ceilings, it was always so fun to cut down a really tall tree. Anyway, I just wanted to share some pictures from our day. It's a tradition in our family (since we moved to Port Orchard 4 years ago) to go to this place. It is awesome! They have acres and acres of rolling hills all covered with Christmas trees. The only word I can use to describe it is "magical." The picture I am posting does not do it justice but it really is so amazing. The weather was great and the boys all had so much fun. One of the pictures is of Jacob counting the rings on our chosen tree (he wanted to see how old it was). After we chopped down the tree we loaded it in the trailer. This year I let the boys ride in the back with me as we bumped along the dirt roads to the checkout stand. It was so much fun, I felt like a kid again!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Much better than our pics. It was nearly pitch black and sleeting when we went. Totally cute.