Thursday, December 20, 2007

Why I Love My Guy







Friday Night Aaron's parents took the kids for a sleepover and we headed to Seattle for Disney's Christmas party at Safeco Field.

It was a nice evening not just for the delicious food and adult conversation (I didn't eat all day so I REALLY enjoyed it) but spending time together with just the two of us is always a treat. That night we got home and didn't have to put any little ones to bed. We got to wake up in the morning and only get ourselves ready. And all that next day we were able to go where we wanted, do what we wanted and enjoy a drive in the car without having to listen to "Alvin & the Chipmunks Christmas" or "Kids Songs."

After spending that night and the next day with Aaron I just want to say that I love the man I married. Not that I didn't already know this but every time we have a getaway I end up feeling the same way.

It's funny how it takes having children to make you appreciate your time together, but that is exactly what it has done for me. Sometimes I think that having children is the "refiners fire" for a relationship. And if you get through it together your relationship becomes stronger and more beautiful in every way. Having little ones can be so stressful and sometimes it's a challenge to be patient with each other and treat your spouse with the love and respect they deserve but as you struggle together (amidst all the stress and chaos of life) you are forced to stretch and grow and through that process you become a better companion.

I want to dedicate this entry to my husband. It is because of him that my life is so rich and blessed. Heavenly Father knew that I needed a man like you in my life. You were the answer to my many prayers and many girlish dreams. You are my knight in shining armor and I love you more than you'll ever know. So here are some reasons in random order of why I love my guy:

1) I love you for your pure heart. There is no deceit or guile in you and you are so inherently decent and good. The longer I know you the more convinced I become that you have the heart of a saint.

2)
I love you for being so honest,loyal and faithful. I feel so safe when I am with you. I have always been able to confide in you my deepest dreams and fears and weaknesses and I've always known that my words are safe in your ears. I never have to worry about you being disloyal to me in any shape or form. You are such a moral man.

3) I love you for your valiance (is that even a word?).
Your spiritual leadership in the home and your faith and testimony are an anchor that I can hold to. Your service in the church has been such an example to me of a valiant servant. I have always been so impressed with the way that you serve and how you serve simply because it is what the Lord asks of you. Whether it's home teaching, service projects, 6am bishopric meeting or priesthood session of conference. You never miss a meeting and what's more I've never heard you complain. I love that about you.

4) I love you for being a wonderful father.
How could I have known 10 years ago that you were going to be so great with our kids. I count this as one of the greatest blessings in my life. Having a wonderful, loving, kind and involved father for my children is so special. Not only are you great with them but I love having someone who loves my children as much as I do. Someone who gets as excited about those cute and funny things they do as I do. You were born to be a father and how lucky I am that you are the father of my children.

5) I love your stubborn nature. Yes, I do. Believe it or not I love that you are a fighter because I'm a fighter too and I know that I wouldn't have as much respect for you if you backed down all the time and cowered to my demands.

6) I love your persistence and ambition.
When you want something you go for it and you work hard until you get it. If it weren't for your persistence I know that we wouldn't be married today and if it weren't for your hard work and ambition we would not be enjoying such a comfortable life. I love that you are so eager to learn and grow in your field. I am always impressed not just by your knowledge but your desire to be better and learn more and grow. You like to be an expert in whatever you do....which leads me to......

7) (I'll tell you in person)

8) I love your playful side Sometimes I look at you and remember that you are that cute sweet little boy that everyone loved. It's not hard for me to see that you were such a good little boy and that Mister Rogers was your idol. Because I still see little glimpses of that boy when you play with the kids and get goofy and do your little dance for me (you know what I'm talking about).

9)
I love that you are such a handy man Whether it's fixing something that's broken, working on our cars, building the world's coolest tree house for the boys or bringing to life my designs for a home renovation project. I love that you are so dang handy! Is there anything that you can't do? I'm sure with this old fixer upper we'll find your limits but seriously it makes me so proud to know that you are so good with building and fixing things. Oh and piggybacking on this I'd like to add that I love that you are so good at finding things when we're driving some where. Where do you get that sense of direction? Like last Saturday when we were trying to find the Zoo and we both didnt' know where the heck we were. How do you always find the right way to go? Back in pioneer days you would have been the one that got everyone safe and sound through the mountains to their destination.

10) I love that you care about being romantic Even though being romantic can be hard in this busy, chaotic life you always come through with that thoughtful card, those unexpected flowers or when it's your turn to plan our anniversary getaway, you put in that extra effort to make it so special. It's not so much that you do these things but that you still care about impressing me by putting forth that extra time and effort to make things special for your girl (who will always be a "hopeless romantic" at heart).


Okay that's enough for now. I think I've been blogging for over an hour now. It's time for me to fold some laundry. I love you and hope you know how happy I am to be your wife.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Aw, so sweet. Sometimes it's from spending time together and sometimes it's from spending time apart, but isn't it great to feel that appreciation renewed?

Terresa James said...

I have fallen madly, deeply in love with you and your family. I honor the love and devotion you have for Heavenly Father and our Saviour by living his gospel. You are an inspiration to me. I had tears streaming down my face as I read each posting. You are doing it all! What a blessing.