Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hitting a Milestone





Yesterday we hit a milestone in our parenting journey. Our first child lost his first tooth. I know it may not seem like a very big deal to most people, but as I held this tiny little baby tooth between my fingers I remembered ( all too clearly) the day that I first saw it poking up through the gums of his little 6 month old mouth. My heart felt heavy as I realized that this tiny little tooth was the same one I took a picture of when he was such a little baby boy. Sadly, I remember it like it was yesterday. Just for fun I thought I'd post it here along with a picture of him when he was 6 months old. My, how he's grown!

2 comments:

Mandee said...

Andria, you are seriously a good mother. I wouldn't even know where to find a picture of their first tooth, probably because I didn't take one. Madelyn always is talking about loosing her teeth and how she doesn't want to. The thought scares her to death!

Jessica said...

How exciting!