Sunday, April 20, 2008

Weekend at Ocean Shores



Aaron and I celebrated our 9th anniversary this past Monday. Starting 4 years ago we stopped getting each other gifts for our anniversary and decided instead to put our money into a getaway just for the two of us. Every other year we take turns on who gets to plan it. We usually keep the location a secret from the other one because it makes it more fun. This year we went to Ocean Shores and we had a great time in spite of the frigid weather. We left on Friday and came home Sunday afternoon and as always it was WONDERFUL.

When we got to Aaron's parents house on Sunday (they watched the kids for us) they got out some old photo albums and started looking through them. I guess I shouldn't be surprised because it has been 10 years but when I looked at some of the pictures of Aaron and I from before we were married I couldn't believe how YOUNG we looked! I am SO serious when I say we looked like a couple of kids! I think it's funny too because I specifically remember thinking (back then) that I was "older" when I got married because I waited until the ripe age of 21. (My older sisters were 18 & 19). It sure is funny how your perspective changes isn't it?

Driving home from our weekend made me realize that one day we'll be celebrating our anniversary and coming home to an empty house after all of our children have grown. Sure, it seems like it's a lifetime away but as I look back on how fast these past 9 years have gone I realize that it will most likely be here sooner than we think it will. I'm so grateful that I have these years to enjoy and that even after they're gone I can look forward to many more happy years sharing my life with such a wonderful man. In the words of my once favorite artist he's "still the one I run to, the one that I belong to....still the one I want for life. Still the one that I love, the only one I dream of, he's still the one I kiss goodnight." He's still the one. I love you Aaron.

Sorry about posting a "kissy" picture, (I'm sure you're all throwing up right now), but I like it so it's getting posted. (:

Why I love my guy......
http://andrialaws2007.blogspot.com/2007/12/why-i-love-my-guy.html





3 comments:

Mandee said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great tradition, memories last a lot longer than "things". And no I didn't throw up, not even a little bit.

Sherri said...

Really cute pictures! So fun!

Heather said...

Congratulations! I love that you guys go away for a weekend, that's so great!

I'm in the Mandee boat, I didn't throw up either. Gagged a little, but didn't lose it! LOL!

Happy Anniversary you guys!