Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"A Father"


For Father's Day this year I made a photo book for Aaron containing the many random pictures taken throughout the year of him with the kids. As I was sorting through all of the many pictures and choosing which ones I wanted to use I decided to write a poem to go along with the pictures in the photo book. I had over 100 pictures carefully placed throughout the book. The last few pages had multiple pictures of him with the kids from the time he first became a father (they were used on the last few pages put to the text from the last few lines of the poem). I thought I'd post it here because I put so much time into the project and to honor my husband who is such a wonderful father. It makes my heart swell with joy and pride when I think about the wonderful father my children have. When you are dating you don't really think about what kind of father this man will be (at least I didn't, I was only thinking about what kind of husband he would be). I never could have known what a blessing it is to have such a wonderful father for my children. I know that Heavenly Father knew though and that may well be one of the reasons I felt so strongly about marrying Aaron when I went to Him in prayer. Thank you Heavenly Father and Thank you Aaron. I love you so much. Happy Father's Day!






"A Father"
Written By Andria Laws
Inspired by my husband, A wonderful Father


So young in years with only our dreams,
we may not know about bills and things.

We don't understand the sacrifices made,
or appreciate the labors you perform each day.

But in the shadow of your love,
we learn more than it seems.

And as we grow we come to know
what being a Father means...



A Father means JOY, we see it in your face as we come running to be held in your loving embrace.....






A Father means LOVE, in unspoken ways snuggling and squeezing each and every day.







A Father is a TEACHER, as you patiently instruct, Whether casting a line, throwing a ball or working on the truck.




A Father means SHARING, in so many ways. Giving of your time and love, your energy and pay.






A Father is a BUILDER of childhood dreams. From tree forts, to pirate ships, rope swings that soar you're building wonderful memories and so much more.






A Father is an EXPLORER showing us the world. Holding crabs, making trails, touching a salamanders tail.







A Father means FUN in so many ways: Games and Tickling, boxing and more, football & catch, wrestling on the floor.








A Father is a LEADER, showing us the way. Leading by example, living your faith.





A Father means MEMORIES, though countless now they are.....

(This is where I put a collage of all of the pictures of him with the kids over the past 6 years)

too many to remember so we hold them in our hearts.

And though with time these moments may fade

the warmth and love they leave behind

through the years will ever remain.





5 comments:

Tiffany Jones said...

Love it. Thank you so much for sharing it. It makes me miss you.

Sherri said...

Very very good Andria, i am really impressed not only for your witing and the pictures but for your thoughtfullness on Father's Day. I am really glad that you shared this special gift with us.

Mandee said...

Oh my goodness I am a little teary eyed. Thank you for sharing that with us. What a great dad and an equally great wife for recognizing all his wonderful qualities.

Heather said...

Wow Andria, what beautiful poetry and touching pictures to match!

That's a very special gift you game him, you both are such terrific parents.

Thanks for another reminder on how lucky we all are, to be in this stage of our lives!!

Unknown said...

A total 'amen' to everything everyone else has said, and also- These pictures are amazing! did you take them all? I loved this.