Sunday, January 15, 2012

UNO

Santa brought board games for each of our boys this year for Christmas. He said it was to help them learn to "get along." Isn't he so smart? For some reason when our boys play games they don't fight as much. I love it when they play Monopoly in Jacobs room because for over an hour (no joke) I forget that I have boys and my house is unusually quiet. Ben got an extra game in his stocking and it's been a surprising hit for our family. I'm not exaggerating when I say it's probably been played close to 100 times already. I love that everyone, even Lauren, can play.... although playing with her always takes much longer because she refuses to fan our her cards and has to "hunt" through her stack to find a matching color or number. She also takes personal offense when someone plays a "skip a turn" card on her. It's all we can do to keep her from crying and saying "You're mean!" whenever she gets a Draw 4.

Ben wants to play it all the time and will ask me several times a day, "Can you play uno with me?" The games are so quick you don't feel bad stopping what you're doing for a 5 minute break. Who knew that the smallest gift (and probably the cheapest) would end up providing so many hours of fun for our family. Good job Santa!

No comments: